First, make sure you’ve purchased our Audio Read Aloud feature!
You can select this add-on when you purchase your course, or click on the speaker in the upper right hand corner of your course to purchase it.
Not sure you’ve purchased Audio Read Aloud? Click on the speaker in the upper right hand corner of your course. If you’ve purchased it, it will simply switch the audio on and off. If you haven’t yet, you’ll be prompted to purchase.
I’ve purchased Audio Read Aloud, but it’s not working.
If you are on a computer, please try the following steps:
- Open up Youtube and play a video. If it works, but your sound on I Drive Safely isn't, continue to the next steps. If Youtube isn't playing anything out loud, your device is not playing audio, so you will need to troubleshoot your device settings.
- If audio is working on your device but not your course, a hard refresh of your I Drive Safely course by pressing down these three buttons at the same time:
- Windows computers: Ctrl, Shift, R
- Mac computers: Command, Shift, R
- Didn't work? Close the window of your Internet browser and open it up again. Sign in to I Drive Safely here.
- Still not working? Restart your computer. Technology is kind of weird and restarting your computer generally fixes any weird activity going on.
If you’re on a smartphone or tablet, follow these steps:
- Make sure you’re using WiFi! It’ll load faster and prevent audio issues.
- Check if your phone is in silent mode. If it is, take it off of silent.
My audio is still not working.
If you’re still experiencing audio issues after these steps, reach out to our support team for help!