What do I need to do to get my Oklahoma drivers license?
After you have held your learner permit for at least 6 months with no traffic convictions, you become qualified to get your Oklahoma intermediate drivers license. You must also be at least 16 years old and have completed the state required Work Zone Safe course to obtain your license. You’ll also need to make an appointment at the nearest Licensing Office to take a driving skills exam. After successfully completing the test, you will receive your intermediate Oklahoma drivers license.
What do I need to bring with me to the Licensing Office to get my license?
From I Drive Safely:
- Your course completion certificate
- Your completed Behind the Wheel logs
At the Licensing Office:
- At least one parent instructor
- Your permit (Lost your permit? You can bring a Primary ID!)
- Secondary ID
- Insurance Security Verification Form
- The Insurance Security Verification form that has the VIN number matching the vehicle you’ll be driving.
- Social Security Number
- Completion certificate for the Work Zone Safe course
- The vehicle you bring for your test must have a current tag, valid insurance, and pass a vehicle inspection.
At Tag Agency:
- ○ $25 license upgrade fee (cash or check)
- ○ DL-10 (form from the Driver Examiner Office received upon passing your driving exam)
Are there any restrictions when driving with my intermediate Oklahoma drivers license?
With this drivers license, you are required to have an adult 21 or over by your side if you want to drive between 11 p.m.and 5 a.m. (There are exceptions to this rule if you are participating in school or community activities). You may also drive one passenger, anyone from your family, or any person over the age of 21.
When can I get my unrestricted license?
If you are in possession of your intermediate drivers license for at least 6 months and are not found guilty of any traffic violations, you are eligible to get your unrestricted Oklahoma drivers license. You will be required to take a driving test, and you will need to provide specific documents.