Getting Your License

How much supervised driving do I need to do in order to take the road test?

NONE! If you are over 18, the below guidelines are recommended but MV-262 is not required. Keep in mind that the course we offer is ONLY approved for adults (18+) who have obtained a Class D or M photo permit before taking this course. You can read more about photo permits here!

If you are under 18 year of age (and not taking our course!), you must have a minimum of 50 hours of supervised driving hours. 15 of those 50 hours must be at night, and 10 of the 50 hours must be in moderate to heavy traffic. You must have a completed MV-262 filled out by your parent or guardian to certify you meet the requirements.



What is the MV-262?

MV-262 is the Certification of Supervised driving and can be downloaded from the DMV. Ensure that your name and address match that of your learners permit and ensure your form is signed by your parent or legal guardian. This form must be complete in order to take the road test if you are under 18.


I have more questions about what to bring to the DPS - where can I find more information?

Check out the New York DMV website here.


Was this article helpful?
2 out of 5 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Looking for Account Help & Troubleshooting?
Check out our Account Help section for help with feature navigation and troubleshooting.
Our support operating hours:
ðŸŸĒM/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* ðŸŸĒ T/Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* ðŸŸĄ Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST ðŸŸĒ CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT
Ready to take your course?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you!