Who can take the 4-hour, 8-hour and 12-hour course?
Generally, you are eligible in the state of Florida if you:
- ● Hold a valid non-commercial drivers license
- ● Have been cited for a minor moving violation
- ● Have NOT completed traffic school in the last 12 months
- ● Have contacted your court within 30 days of your citation
Do I need to do anything before I start this course?
Traffic Violation/ To Remove Points
While there is nothing special you’ll need to do to take this course with I Drive Safely, you will need to take a few actions with the court regarding your ticket:
- 1. Make sure you pay all fees to the court regarding your citation within 30 days of receiving your violation. If you are late or miss the 30 day deadline, you will be ineligible to dismiss your ticket by taking a BDI course and your license may also be suspended.
- 2. Let the court know you’ve chosen to take a driver improvement course
You’ll just need to contact your insurance company prior to taking a course to ensure you are eligible for the discounted rate.
You will receive a notification in the mail with steps you’ll need to follow prior to signing up for this course.
Please refer to our Course Guide for more specific information on each process.
Are there any additional fees I need to pay to complete this course?
Nope! You will only need to pay court-mandated fees such as fines before taking this course. You may be given options to purchase enhanced versions of the course or alternative certificate delivery options, however none of these are required to complete the course and are entirely optional.
What if my deadline is tomorrow?
As long as you finish by 11:59 PM EST on the day of your deadline, you will be okay! The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FL DHSMV) will see the date you actually completed the course when we file your course information.