The state of Washington does not dismiss traffic tickets, but with your court's permission, you may defer your ticket and prevent your citation from being reported to the Department of Licensing by taking a Washington defensive driving course. This would prevent your insurance rates from rising.
Articles in this section
- Is there a time limit to complete this course?
- Is there any way I can fail the course?
- Why does this course have timers?
- What is the testing and grading policy?
- How often can I take defensive driving for ticket deferral?
- Can I earn an insurance discount?
- Do I have to take a final exam?
- What types of things will I study?
- How long will this course take?
- Which defensive driving courses do you offer in Washington?