To be eligible for a defensive driving course for ticket deferral, typically you must meet the following requirements:
- Your ticket must be for a minor moving violation
- You may NOT have deferred a previous ticket within the last 7 years
- You do NOT have any other citations pending
- There are no requirements for your voluntary driver improvement course.
- We also have all of the eligibility requirements and steps to take for the Washington defensive driving courses listed on our How It Works page.