You must be at least 14 years old and younger than 18 years of age to take the course. You must be 15 to apply for your learners permit and 16 to get your drivers license. First-time drivers between the ages of 18 and 24 may take our TEA/TDLR-approved Texas Adult Drivers Ed course.
Articles in this section
- Who needs to take Texas drivers ed? Is there an age requirement?
- Can I drive in another state with my learners license?
- Is there a "zero tolerance" rule for teens?
- Do I have to apply for a Texas learners license if I am over 18?
- What will I need to bring to the drivers license office to get a drivers license?
- Is there a behind-the-wheel component?
- How long must I hold my learners license before I can get my drivers license?
- Can I get a discount from my automobile insurance company?
- How Is the course graded?
- What are affiliate driver training schools?