You become eligible to take your written test once you have completed the first two chapters of your drivers ed course. However, I Drive Safely strongly recommends that you wait to take your DPS licensing written exam until you finish the first three course chapters.
To begin a Search, please select your State of Residence
Please select your state
Articles in this section
- Who needs to take Texas drivers ed? Is there an age requirement?
- Can I drive in another state with my learners license?
- Is there a "zero tolerance" rule for teens?
- Do I have to apply for a Texas learners license if I am over 18?
- What will I need to bring to the drivers license office to get a drivers license?
- Is there a behind-the-wheel component?
- How long must I hold my learners license before I can get my drivers license?
- Can I get a discount from my automobile insurance company?
- How Is the course graded?
- What are affiliate driver training schools?