If you are 15- 18 years of age, you must get a learners permit and have it for six months before earning your drivers license.
If you are between 18 and 25 and have never been licensed, you don’t have to get a learners permit, but you are still required to take and pass a Texas adult drivers education course.
How do I apply for a Texas learner license?
There are a few things you’ll need to get your Texas learners permit.
- AGE: You must be between 15 and 18 years old to apply for your permit.
- 6-Hour Permit Qualification Certificate
- Application for Texas Driver License, DL-14a
- Parental Driver Education Affidavit, DL-90a
- Classroom Instruction Record, DL-91a
- The required fee for Instruction Permit Issuance
- Proof of registration and insurance (if you own the vehicle)
- Proof of identity