The requirements for getting a Florida drivers license for ages 16 and up include completing a Florida drug and alcohol course and passing a written driving exam. The Florida TLSAE Drug and Alcohol course is a state-mandated 4 hours long. The online course and test may only be taken by students between the ages of 15 and 17. You can take either course at your own pace. Once you’ve passed the final exam, you can apply for your Florida learners permit.
To begin a Search, please select your State of Residence
Please select your state
Articles in this section
- How long will it take to have my license mailed to me after I pass the road test?
- Is it necessary for me to get a learners permit?
- What do I need to do to get my Florida learners permit?
- What do I need to do to get a Florida drivers license?
- How soon will I receive my certificate of completion?
- Are there any restrictions to having a Florida graduated operators license?
- Does the Florida TLSAE Drug and Alcohol course satisfy DHSMV requirements?
- What if I don’t pass the Florida drivers ed final exam?
- What is the parent-teen driving skills guide?
- What is the drug and alcohol course? Is it the same as the TLSAE?