The Michigan Secretary of State will send out a notice of eligibility if you qualify for point avoidance through traffic school. Generally, you qualify if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You hold a valid non-commercial Michigan drivers license
- You have 2 points or fewer on your driving record
- Your violation was not a criminal offense
- Your citation is eligible for dismissal (must be 3 points or fewer, not for careless or negligent driving, etc.)
- You have NOT completed a BDIC program before (you may only take this course once in your lifetime)
We have all of the eligibility requirements and steps to take for Michigan traffic school listed on our How It Works page. For a full list of eligible infractions, you may visit the Michigan SOS page.