This course teaches you the essential skills associated with safe driving and being a responsible member of the Illinois driving community. You will be instructed in basic road maneuvers and behaviors, Illinois road regulations and driving laws, traffic signs and signals, as well as defensive driving techniques and hazard prevention skills to keep you and your fellow motorists safe. You do not have to complete any behind-the-wheel training as an adult driver; you must simply complete and pass this course, and take your in-car driving test at a Driver Services Facility to earn your license.
Articles in this section
- What do I have to do to get my Illinois drivers license if I’m 18-20 years old?
- What's the certificate of completion process? How long will it take to get my certificate?
- Is there a time limit to complete this course?
- What will I learn in an adult drivers ed course?
- What's the difference between an online adult drivers ed course and a classroom course?
- How do I get my Illinois drivers license if I'm 21 or over?
- How do I get my drivers license?
- Is there a final exam?
- How long is the course?
- Is your course approved?