The DMV may, on a case-by-case basis, grant permission for a 3-point credit to be applied to your driving record after the successful completion of a defensive driving course. This credit is awarded at the discretion of the DMV. I Drive Safely will report your completion to the DMV within 24 hours to ensure you receive your point credit.
Articles in this section
- Is there a calendar deadline to complete a Delaware defensive driving course?
- What certificate delivery options do I have?
- Why do your courses have timers?
- Is there any way I can fail the course?
- What is the testing and grading policy?
- What types of things will I study?
- How long will these courses take?
- Do I have to take a final exam?
- Is there a way to increase my insurance discount?
- I’m not sure if I’m eligible to take a Delaware defensive driving course. How do I find out?