You need to be at least 15 years of age to earn your permit, and you must be at least 14 years and 10 months old to take drivers ed. If you meet the age requirement, you’ll need do the following: complete an Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship (Form DR2460) and complete a Colorado DMV-approved driver education/driver awareness permit course, such as I Drive Safely’s online Colorado drivers ed course.
Articles in this section
- What will I need to bring with me to the DMV to get my drivers license?
- What do I need to do to get my Colorado drivers license?
- Do I need to make an appointment to take my road test for my Colorado drivers license?
- Do I need to make an appointment to get my Colorado learners permit?
- Where do I need to go to get my Colorado learners permit?
- Do I need my parents’ permission to get my learners permit?
- How long is my course completion valid?
- Once I complete drivers ed, how long is my Colorado learners permit valid?
- How does I Drive Safely’s online drivers ed course work?
- How do I get a Colorado learners permit?